Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Equipped with His Grace

When I was pregnant with my son, I felt that I could not complete anything I had started. The everyday tasks of cleaning, eating and showering that would normally have taken 20 minutes to do seemed to take all day.  I felt very overwhelmed and doubted if I could handle being a wife and mother!  Then I heard a message on Gods’ Grace.  I knew then that Grace was what I needed to make it through each day. 

Grace is God’s unmerited favor[1].  What I discovered through prayer and bible study is that grace is also divine influence (His power) upon the heart, and its reflection in life; joy; pleasure; beauty and much more.[2]    I wanted His power upon my heart and shown through my life.  I wanted to be a joyful wife and mother who took great pleasure in the fact that I was married to a wonderful man and bringing forth a child to impart into the ways of God.  I wanted bliss in the midst of cleaning the toilets!

I began to entrust God with every minute detail of my life…Lord what should I do today? What should I wear? Where should I go?  This may sound extreme, yet it is what God wants.[3]Not because He is a God looking for robots, but because He is a Father who wants the best for His children and since he created the world and everything in it He truly knows what is best for us. [4]I began to pray, before I rolled out of bed, "Lord what will You have me to do today? What do I need to do in the house? What do I need to do for my husband? Whom should I contact regarding my business...? I know that whatever You have me to do today, I will have Your grace to do it.”  I found that He would tell me when to do the laundry, go grocery shopping, pay bills, rest… You know what? Every time I followed His plan, my days were awesome - I completed every task, I felt happy and peaceful while doing them and I went to bed satisfied that my day was not wasted but fruitful.

Spending time doing what God did not tell you to do is a waste of time, effort and energy, because His grace is not there to assist you.[5]His power upon your heart and shown in your life is not there.  If your child was involved with something and you knew, it was not what they should be doing; would you give them your "power” to help them do it? God created us, and before the world was formed, He knew what He would have us to do in this life from our birth until our death.[6]  Rather than idling in life, why not ask the Manufacturer, the Creator what would You have me to do today?  He can flip to that page in the book of life and tell you your agenda.[7]Then you will be able to boldly, confidently do whatever needs to be done because you know that you will be equipped with His grace.







[1]King James Amplified Bible
[2]The New Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible
[3]Proverbs 3:5-6
[4]Colossians 1:16
[5]psalms 127:1
[6]Psalms 139:16 King James Amplified Bible
[7]Psalms 139:16 King James Amplified Bible



No comments:

Post a Comment