Thursday, September 27, 2012

...Being at the Salon with my Mom


It’s amazing how you notice more and more couples with each day.

My former stylist Vicki has a significant other.  She only has a little while longer until she’s married.  I watched the tenderness with which her guy spoke to her and how he came with food to make sure that she ate while she’s here at work.  I just smiled.  It was so sweet to me.  Some people would ask if that makes me feel lonely.  It never does anymore.  Something I’ve learned is that during this time, Satan tries to emphasize these moments in your mind and make you feel tormented about not having anyone in your life.  But all I do is smile with anticipation and expectation of the harvest God is bringing into my life: You.  I have nothing else to do but get excited!  What reason would I have to wallow in self-pity and feel sorry for myself when I should be rejoicing for the people around me and eagerly awaiting the fulfillment of God’s promises in my life?  I figure if God was faithful enough to see Adam’s need without Adam being aware of any lack, he is absolutely faithful enough to grant me this.  A mate is no huge thing for God.  In fact, there’s so much more that he can do besides that.

The truth is I stopped allowing myself to become lonely a long time ago.  I’ve come to understand that anyone that is lonely before they get married will be lonely in marriage and I don’t want to bring that type of drama into your life.  I love you too much for that.  You shouldn’t have to tell me fifty times before you go anywhere that you’re coming back or that you love me.  Something I’ve learned is that if I am to expect God’s ideal mate for me, I have to be the woman God created me to be.  I have to operate according to my original purpose and intent as a woman outlined in Genesis and in Proverbs 3 and Proverbs 31.  Being clingy and irritating does not fall anywhere under that original intent.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that.  As always,
I have loved you since today.



    
April Morton, Author of I have loved you since…  is a writer, student and designer with a love for all things bridal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment